- vgmstream for Android OS by Lioncash at 9:01 PM EST on February 17, 2012
- Hey all. Finally had time to post this (if you frequent the IRC, then this is old news to you).
I managed to get vgmstream working with a player on Android 4.0 and above. I don't have a lot of formats on me to test all of them, but for the most part from my experience, most of the formats -should- play back fine. The player is simply a fork of Droidsound.
The only formats I've heavily tested with are AAX, ADX, RSF and YMF. All of which I can confirm play back 100% fine.
If you want to use it or do whatever, everything is all open source and hosted here: Github Page
There is also a binary build in the downloads section for those that don't want to build it themselves.
If you do happen to use it and find some files not playing back, etc. Make an issue report on the Github page, or simply post in this thread and I'll see what I can do.
edited 10:03 PM EST February 17, 2012
- by hcs at 9:21 PM EST on February 17, 2012
- Cool, thanks for sticking it out through all the difficulties!
- THIS! by Yoshinkeru at 11:03 PM EST on February 17, 2012
- Ooooohh! I've been wondering if this was feasible! I hope I can see an app featuring this on the 'Droid Market soon? :D
- by Lioncash at 10:35 AM EST on February 18, 2012
- It won't be on the droid market. APK's can be downloaded on the download page of the Github repo.
I honestly don't want to pay a yearly fee to distribute one app.
- by Yoshinkeru at 12:06 PM EST on February 18, 2012
- W-wait, what?? You have to p--?! Oh, man, that sucks. X(
- by the_audio_ripper at 8:57 AM EST on February 24, 2012
- File was not found.
What's the matter?
- by Lioncash at 5:23 PM EST on February 24, 2012
- Fixed the binary download. That was odd, that's never happened before.
- by the_audio_ripper at 1:55 PM EDT on July 24, 2012
- Bug report:
Can't open the NSF files with FDS expansion.
- by MarkGrass at 5:26 PM EDT on July 31, 2012
- I'm still waiting for someone to port vgmstream to a Sunbeam Toaster Oven...
*one can only dream* :/
@Lioncash - Excellent job! Very neat!
- by jhouse at 4:23 AM EDT on August 1, 2012
- thank you for this very helpful information i am sure that this will come very useful for my current project lucky for me i can access this free as some of my friends are having a hard time and they pay so much to have these kind of stuff. thank you so much and hope to see more helpful tips and links around
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0588s;