in_cube is no longer under development, please do not use it or seek support for it.
Work has moved on to vgmstream.
in_cube is a Winamp plugin intended to play streamed audio formats found in video games.
For info on what games are supported, check out the publicly-editable GC Stream DB
Currently it supports all their formats, yea unto the seventh generation. (TODO: make a list)
in_cube started as a modification to Destop's GC DSP decoder to support Star Fox Assault. Over time hcs has added support for new decoders and formats. FastElbja's later work more than doubled the number of supported formats.
A complete rewrite of in_cube is underway in the form of vgmstream. While vgmstream is not yet complete, it is usable for an ever-growing number of formats, and in_cube development has been halted.
Ask for help and discuss stuff at the HCS Forum or on IRC, #usf on irc.freenode.net.
Current version (April 20 2008):
Recent builds may require that you install the
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (formerly the
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package worked, too)
- 0.38 source - Finally catching up the page with FastElbja's latest work. New since 0.36:
0.38 - 04/20/08
0.37 - 02/23/08
- Added Support for PS2 variants:
- .I400 (0x4000 Interleaved)
- .GMS (Grandia)
- .AUS (from Markgrass)
- .FIL (from Markgrass - unfinished)
- .STER (Can't remember :( )
- .LEG (Legend of Legaia 2)
- .ILD (Battle of Sunrise)
- .VAS (Konami)
- .DXH (Tokobot)
- Added support for .iSWS (Super Star Tennis - Wii)
- Fixed loop for as much formats as i can.
- Complete rewrite of the PS2 interleave management
- other bug fixes
- Fixed MIB which was broken with MIC support
- Added CFN support (Baten Kaitos)
- fixed some stuff with mono ea/xa
- modified ea/xa handle code to manage file with more than 2 channels
- fixed warning issues
- added support for GSP & GSB (Super Swing Golf Season 2)
- added support for MUSX (Spyro - A Hero's Tail - NGC)
- 0.36 source - fixed PS2 ADPCM (VAG) decoding, trying a different way to handle the Winamp 5.52 crash, removed broken .rsf support
- 0.35 source - new support (for .fsb with IMA, MIC, SWAV, .I100, EA_PSX, KNON (PCM & DSP)), fixed EA/XA, maybe fixed Winamp 5.52 crash?
- 0.34 source - new accurate ADX decoder (filter coefficients calculated properly, old fixed ones were only correct for 44.1 kHz files and 500 Hz cutoff, now the file sample rate is used and cutoff is adjustible (though 500 Hz is standard)), fix EAM track length
- 0.33 source - fix NDS .strm looping (in IMA ADPCM type, looping now sample-accurate) and stereo (in 8-bit and 16-bit type, same channel was just used twice)
- 0.32 source - add 8-bit and IMA ADPCM NDS .strm support, rewrite Xbox decoder to use new IMA decoder, fix Wii .fsb length for unlooped files
- 0.31 source - fix some file handle leaks, add kRAW (Geometry Wars) and Wii Lego Star Wars GCM support, fix crash on info window with THP
- 0.30 source - added THP and .zwdsp support
- 0.29 source - fixed broken last chunk of files affected by the Super Paper Mario hack
- 0.28 source - Special-case handling for Super Paper Mario, fixed ADX volume change when editing configuration
- 0.27 source - fixed crash on MIH detection fail
- 0.26 source - hopefully fixed the 44/22khz rstm issue, fixed standard DSP decoding which had mysteriously broken between 0.23b4 and 0.24...
- 0.25 source - rstm improvements (fixed 22khz playing too fast, better header format tolerance, added PCM type for Wii Sports), added GCA (Wii) and STRM (NDS) formats
- 0.24 source - 29 formats added! Including some Wii-specific DSP! Numerous bug fixes! Code still a mess!
- 0.23 beta 4 source - fixed string buffer overflow in info window (adding sample count to the loop info a few versions back broke it)
- 0.23 beta 3 source - YuanHongYe added NPSF support
- 0.23 beta 2 source - fixed RSF configuration breaking ADX
- 0.23 beta 1 source - experimental support for RSF
- 0.22 source - AFC and DSP support working!
- 0.21 source - AFC support working!
- 0.20 beta 8 source - identify nonlooped ADSs
- 0.20 beta 7 source - fixed ADS looping
- 0.20 beta 6 source - added ADS, improved VAG detection
- 0.20 beta 5 source - added VAG.
- 0.20 beta 4 source - added Metal Arms WVS support.
- 0.20 beta 3 source - added Beyond Good & Evil WAA/WAC/WAD/WAM support, fixed looping
- 0.20 beta 1 source - added Hitman 2 WAV (unpacked via WHD) support
- 0.19 source - added GCub (DSP, files are called .wav) support
- 0.18 source - added AST (PCM) support, experimenting with AFC support, fixed ADX checking a little more
- 0.17 source - added RSD support, support for IDSP in Harvest Moon, fixed ADX checking bug
- 0.16 source - YMF support added (works on most files, which are DSP-based)
option to play single channel from ADX (which may have > 2 channels)
thread priority adjustible
loop points now reported in time instead of file offset
optional delay before fade
ISH/ISD looping fixed
- 0.15 source - ISH/ISD support added, though looping is a weird hack
- 0.14 source - ADX decoder volume reduction (to prevent clipping in Silent Hill ADXs) now optional (disabled by default)
stereo header detection now a little looser (fixes an IDSP)
dual-file stereo detected for files ending with "right" and "left"
support for Disney's Magical Mirror nonstandard loop
- 0.13 source - files with equal loop points will be treated as nonlooping, slightly improved ADX decoder (less clipping)
It is possible that this version has the volume lower than you'd like (I know it's sort of bothering me).
- 0.12 source - fixed IDSP (interleave now read from header), added support for Monopoly Party (files must be renamed .MPDSP)
- 0.11 source - fixed ADX failure on files < 4K, support for ADX header 0x20 bytes into file (Sonic Mega Collection)
- 0.10 source - better spt support: looping where supported, won't attempt to play multi-stream archives
- 0.9 source - won't attempt to play files with obviously bad samplerates (<=0, >96000), fixed looping in tsutaBGM.dsp (Donkey Konga)
- 0.8 source - fixed stupid bug from 0.7, ADXs only played in mono
- 0.7 source - fixed bug where some short ADXs fail to play
- 0.6 source - fixed minor looping issue in noninterleaved DSPs
- 0.5 source - fixed bug with spd/spt. Support for Bomberman Jetters, which might break others...
- 0.4 source - fixed bug introduced between in_dsp 1.9 and in_cube 0.0 which broke Metroid Prime 2 looping, clarified credits
- 0.3 source - added MSS support, stereo playback for Wario World's dual-file stereo (files ending in _0.dsp and _1.dsp)
- 0.2 source - new devkit-accurate ADP decoder by hcs, better ADP check (won't catch anything but ADP files, even with .ADP extension), cleaned up code (fixed compiler warnings, comments)
- 0.1 source - ADPs play back at 48KHz (which the DTK spec states is standard)
- 0.0 source
The big ripping tools list has moved.