- h4m / HVQM4 audio by hcs at 2:47 AM EDT on July 21, 2010
- Haven't seen any discussion on this for a while, someone asked me to have a look at a file from the Master Quest disc, which contained a .dol and .h4m video, with soundtrack. I've worked out how to play the audio, and I present h4m_audio_decode over here, which will decode to PCM wav.
Turns out to just be IMA after all, so I replaced the decoder with the more standard one from vgmstream, checked that they behave identically.
I'm somewhat unhappy with the sound quality, but this may be due to poor encoding.
edited 12:59 PM EDT July 21, 2010
- by MarkGrass at 12:30 PM EDT on July 22, 2010
- Really nice, hcs! Thank you! :thumbs up:
- by Trench at 6:46 AM EDT on August 21, 2010
- I've been trying to get this to work, but I haven't had any luck. When I type the following:
h4m_audio_decode.exe file.h4m output.wav
I get a line telling me this:
expected audio frame size to be 0x00000650, got 0x00000652
It gives me this message no matter what h4m file I use. I've extracted them from the Gamecube version of Mystic Heroes. I'm not sure if anyone's familiar with that, but... any information on what's going wrong?
EDIT: The value at 0x00000032 equals 652. I can modify it to equal 650 instead, and then I'm given a list of stats about the file, and then a different error:
unexpected frame id at 00000060
The 4-byte value of that address is 00000648. I don't really know what I'm doing hahaha, I just thought I'd goof around, and maybe this information will help someone understand my problem.
edited 7:12 AM EDT August 21, 2010
- by hcs at 12:51 PM EDT on August 21, 2010
- I only had a few samples to look at, feel free to upload one of those and I'll try to support it.
- by Trench at 5:01 PM EDT on August 21, 2010
- Okay, I've just used Megaupload.
Mystic Heroes [863 KB]
Tales of Symphonia [105 MB]
Just one from each. All the Mystic Heroes H4Ms seem to be the same; I'd imagine the Symphonia ones are too. Thanks for looking into these.
edited 5:02 PM EDT August 21, 2010
- by jurassicPieter at 4:33 PM EDT on August 23, 2010
- Idem for the H4M used in Pikmin
It also gives
expected audio frame size to be 0x00000650, got 0x000XXXXX where XXXXX is some random value
- by hcs at 5:01 PM EDT on August 23, 2010
- It looks like the audio stream start frames are laid out a little differently. Still seems to be IMA. I'll let you know if I work it out.
- by Omochao at 2:38 AM EDT on August 24, 2010
- What about Rayman Arena?
- by hcs at 4:10 AM EDT on August 24, 2010
- What about it?
- by Trench at 11:33 PM EDT on September 7, 2011
- So, no luck here, huh?
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0032s;