Previous Page | Next Page
- by Ardian at 5:20 AM EDT on March 19, 2016
This has still been unexplored. Is it even remotely possible?
- by AnonRunzes at 9:34 AM EDT on March 19, 2016
- It's probably lack of interest that drives this thread.
- by kode54 at 10:03 PM EDT on June 27, 2016
- Here's a patch for vgmtoolbox source that will fix the HCA extractor.
It adds a masked byte search function or three, and changes the HCA extractor to supply a static 7F7F7F7F mask with each header search. I verified it works on the bank you posted.
I have not tested the resulting files for decodability, though.'
E: Damn, it looks like those files need the correct cipher key to decode. Hope you can find it in the game executable.
edited 10:07 PM EDT June 27, 2016
- by kode54 at 4:32 PM EDT on June 28, 2016
- BAMP. Added HCA support to the source, foobar2000 component, and Cog. Of course, it won't handle crypted files properly. (Currently no way to guess the cipher key, so it just uses the defaults from HCA_Decoder.)
- by AnonRunzes at 4:44 PM EDT on June 28, 2016
- Are you sure this is really the update?
In my foobar2000, the latest version of vgmstream says "r1050-32-get99511" instead of "r1050-41-gbe6437b".
edited 4:49 PM EDT June 28, 2016
- by kode54 at 6:00 PM EDT on June 28, 2016
- *switches target from Debug to Release* There, that should be fixed now.
E: This code also verifies the checksums on the headers. So if you modify the headers in any way, you'll need to fix up the checksum. It's as simple as feeding all of the header except for the checksum field (last two bytes) through the checksum function, then filling out the checksum field with the result, in big endian ordering. I'll probably post a quick tool for that later.
edited 7:27 PM EDT June 28, 2016
- by vajuvaju at 8:25 PM EDT on June 28, 2016
- kode54, you are awesome. Ace Combat: Assault Horizon's HCA files work perfectly with foobar2000 now.
- by AnonRunzes at 2:46 PM EDT on June 29, 2016
- Speaking of that HCA decode tool, I have the latest version(v1.16). Here is the tool, in its unaltered glory.
edited 2:46 PM EDT June 29, 2016
- by Kurausukun at 5:40 PM EDT on June 29, 2016
- Attempting to open Mario and Sonic @ Rio .hca files makes foobar2000 crash immediately. I don't think there's anything special about them, either, they seem to work with default settings in the decoder tool.
- by Infernus Animositas at 1:33 AM EDT on June 30, 2016
- HCA Decoder v1.16
Now includes translated .bat files
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software