- Harddrive based DCS2 music (Carnevil, California Speed, ect) by Kirishima at 6:38 PM EDT on August 29, 2013
- Has anybody ever tried extracting the music from the chd's of these games? I've tried importing them in audacity and got some clear music, mixed with static so they must be some pcm format... probably. I know of a way to rip them straight from the game in mame(done it with california speed and carnevil), but it doesn't work so well with certain games like Gauntlet Dark Legacy...
- by JFD62780 at 7:06 PM EDT on August 29, 2013
- ...Sorta reminds me of an idea that I had that a DCS decoder could be implemented into VGMStream, because the way I see it, it's really a hybrid format. You read right, sequenced streams. For example, the first video arcade game based on DCS 1.0, Mortal Kombat II. I saw a machine frozen with the "And The Kombat Kontinues" montage sting cue looping EXACTLY like the SNES's Main Menu tune. Not lying.
I was hoping that through this spark of an idea, soundtracks like Killer Instinct (1 and/or 2) and Cruisin' USA at least get their soundtracks PROPERLY ripped (It matters not that they're in mono, I say.)!
- by Kirishima at 11:50 PM EDT on August 29, 2013
- The sequenced streams idea doesn't suprise me since they tried to do that in the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection. From what i read, they were looking to compress the music into something under 3 mbs, so repeating streams streams in a sequence would make sense. But the format for the compressed stuff is unknown outside of William's as far as i know. What i do know about that is that it was based on Sony's minidisc format (atrac maybe). DCS 2 music in the hard disc games are likely not compressed.
This is the article i read:http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/archives/willy3.htm
edited 11:59 PM EDT August 29, 2013
- by Kirishima at 1:59 PM EDT on September 1, 2013
- Found a decent way of ripping music from hard disk games. You need to extract the hard disk image from the game's chd then import that to audacity as raw,16 bit pcm, no endianness, and sample rate 31250(some music needs to be set at mono). Just finished trimming Gauntlet Dark Legacy, and debating what format to upload them to since the music altogether is 1 FREAKIN GB.
I decided on ogg since mp3 doesn't support the sample rate: http://www.sendspace.com/file/zzj7ig
I know i can't spell and some are misnamed
edited 2:00 PM EDT September 1, 2013
edited 3:05 PM EDT September 1, 2013
edited 3:06 PM EDT September 1, 2013
- by marcusss at 6:29 PM EDT on September 11, 2013
- Is there a slight chance you could upload the 1gig version? Thx
- by Kirishima at 7:00 PM EDT on September 11, 2013
- I don't have the patience to wait for that to finish, but you can rip it yourself. All you need is the game's harddisk image(MAME's chd will work, you just have to decompress it with CHDMAN) and Audacity. I see earlier post for importing it to Audacity.
Edit: If you still want me to upload my rips, i'll upload them in multiple parts... possibly per stage or per game (music from legends in one part, dark legacy stuff in the other)...
edited 8:56 PM EDT September 11, 2013
- by Kirishima at 9:48 PM EDT on September 12, 2013
- I ripped Carnevil some time ago, but all the music per stage is crammed together without any gaps. I don't know if i should upload them as is or attempt to split each one then upload. Also been playing around with the test menu's in one of these games and found out the uncompressed music is RAW format. Explains why it was easy to rip them.
- by Kirishima at 12:28 AM EDT on September 18, 2013
- Gauntlet Uncompressed:
part 1: http://www.sendspace.com/file/b1osb4
part 2: http://www.sendspace.com/file/d1xflb
part 3: http://www.sendspace.com/file/naozln
part 4: http://www.sendspace.com/file/n2vfpn
Finally got off my lazy ass to at least start uploading these. Separated uploads by which game the music came from starting with Legends. I'll try to do 2 uploads a day for this\these games. There will be 8 parts altogether.
edited 7:57 PM EDT September 18, 2013
edited 8:44 PM EDT September 18, 2013
- by marcusss at 2:00 AM EDT on September 18, 2013
- Thanks for that ! Really appreciate it
- by marcusss at 2:01 AM EDT on September 18, 2013
Part 4 shows as Part 1 :) Just letting you know
edited 8:50 PM EDT September 18, 2013
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0029s;