Previous Page | Next Page
- by Parax at 3:30 AM EST on January 31, 2015
- You can find these files in Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 as well. The .AGSC files in AudioGrp.pak embed pool/proj/samp/sdir files, and the .CSNG files in MidiData.pak embed .son files.
Have you guys documented how these formats work? Interested to know.
- by Nisto at 3:44 AM EST on January 31, 2015
- I don't really know anything about the .son(g) files, but I made a sample extraction script if that's of any help. More info here (bottom). An SDK containing some documentations and tools exists, but it's hard to find. If anyone is interested, send me a PM (wherever).
- by Parax at 4:47 AM EST on January 31, 2015
- Sure I'll send you a PM. Where can I reach you?
Funny story is we thought that these were proprietary formats, and halfway cracked them ourselves (to the point of being able to extract audio from them), before only last night realizing they're Musyx files. Kinda annoying but whatever :P
- by Nisto at 4:49 AM EST on January 31, 2015
- I'm not hard to find, I'm frequently on VGMdb and FFShrine though.
- by soneek at 9:10 PM EST on January 31, 2015
- XD's music is streamed. I posted source code somewhere here for the MIDI stuff. Pitch pending isn't figured out yet, but note and other events are mostly figured out. There's still some testing to do eventually to fix some stuff.
- by gbp148 at 3:59 AM EST on February 3, 2015
- @soneek Oh, thanks for the answer. Wish I could work on this project, but I have a mac, and WineBottler really isn't enough to work every single exe file. Any suggestions?
- by Nisto at 4:02 AM EST on February 3, 2015
- Which executables are you having trouble to run?
- by gbp148 at 2:59 AM EST on February 7, 2015
- @Nisto Sorry for the late reply. For example, I cannot run VGMStream since I don't have bootcamp or a similar software and Wine really isn't cooperating. I really want to work on those Gamecube instrument tables, but I cannot even get .wav samples.
- by SubDrag at 6:08 AM EST on February 7, 2015
- Does this do MORT by any chance? I'd like to be able to see the banks, though really need reverse engineer algorithm.
- by soneek at 6:49 AM EST on February 7, 2015
What is MORT? I had something to read the banks, but my dumb ass didn't copy the source over to my PC before my external hard drive died. I have a program that doesn't work perfectly yet to dump out the instrument info, and it doesn't have AHDSR reading implemented either.
I have some handwritten notes I did related to this, but I haven't been motivated enough to re-write the script.
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software