- Mark Grass generic psf driver update? by snakemeat at 12:53 PM EDT on September 11, 2015
- @MarkGrass - I tried emailing, but maybe your address has changed. In any case, someone recently posted a purported updated version of your generic psf driver on the 2ch sound file board. Apparently it was extracted from a generated PSF?
Since I don't want to include a hacked out version, if the current generic psf driver version is greater than v3.0, would it be possible to share your latest driver with looping enabled so I can update VGMToolbox?
- by MarkGrass at 1:33 PM EDT on September 11, 2015
- I'm sorry, I actually did get the email but I got really busy with life and completely forgot to respond. Please, forgive me.
The current version is 4.2.2, and includes the ability to mute channels, a cleaned up/proper reverb engine and maybe other stuff that I forgot about. Of course, these parameters would have to be set with something like PSF-o-Cycle. I included the readme text file detailing these parameters.
Default addresses for data are:
Oh, and looping is enabled by default, too.
- by hcs at 2:15 PM EDT on September 11, 2015
- IPFS mirror: MarkGrass PSF Driver v4_2_2.7z
- by snakemeat at 7:08 PM EDT on September 11, 2015
- @MarkGrass - Totally understand about being busy, no problem at all. Thank for the driver, I'll test it out and add it to VGMT when I get things right.
@hcs - Thanks for the mirror. Watching the IPFS demo now. Interesting concept.
- by Kirishima at 9:02 AM EDT on September 12, 2015
Off topic, but will the vgm tag editer ever get updated? I tried using it in r1004 to tag newer vgm's which had Namco c352 support, but the whole file got screwed up.
- by kode54 at 5:47 PM EDT on September 12, 2015
- Again, vgmstream has nothing to do with VGM files, which require chip emulators to play, and have nothing to do with streams of sample data. (Well, except for the stream/chunks of PCM data in the VGM files, but those still go through a chip emulator.)
You want foo_input_vgm, or in_vgm. Don't forget to disable VGM support in foo_gep, as it doesn't have tag editing support.
- by snakemeat at 7:31 PM EDT on September 12, 2015
- @Kirishima - please upload a sample that doesnt work.
- by Kirishima at 9:23 AM EDT on September 13, 2015
Here you go: https://www.sendspace.com/file/8txwhw
One tagged with foobar, the other tagged with vgmtoolbox. The vgmtoolbox one doesn't play due to some tagging difference.
edited 2:36 PM EDT September 13, 2015
- by Squaresoft74 at 1:34 PM EST on December 13, 2015
Just out of curiosity, is there any source code available for your driver ?
- by MarkGrass at 9:14 AM EST on December 20, 2015
- Might I ask why you would require the source code?
I'd be more than happy to add any requested features.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0031s;