- by Squaresoft74 at 11:28 AM EST on December 20, 2015
- Just thought that some day i should really start learning how things really work on the real thing so i acquired an Xplorer FX after reading this :
Maybe some nice plugin/player could be made to allow playback of seq/vab files on the real system.
So having your source code available somewhere could maybe be helpful.
Or perhaps this could inspire you another project. :)
edited 11:33 AM EST December 20, 2015
edited 11:46 AM EST December 20, 2015
- by Squaresoft74 at 5:30 AM EST on February 24, 2016
- Bumping this thread so you can read this:
If that is something you may consider but you'd prefer to keep your source code private, i still could give you a Xplorer cartridge. ;)
- by MarkGrass at 7:22 PM EST on March 9, 2016
- Programming visuals/menu for the current PSF/sequence driver would be a breeze and likely a fun little project to work on.
A re-programmable Xplorer cartridge would be especially useful, for many different things...! I'm not sure that I have the proper ("old") hardware to properly utilize it, however.
EDIT: Also, I'm terribly sorry for the delayed response!
edited 7:23 PM EST March 9, 2016
- by Squaresoft74 at 2:30 AM EST on March 10, 2016
- I'll gladly offer the Xplorer cartridge if that could help you to get started since i collected and dumped a few of those lately.
Just drop me a mail or contact me over PSXdev and let me know where to send it :)
- by MarkGrass at 7:32 PM EST on March 11, 2016
- I wouldn't necessarily require a Xplorer cartridge because I can test with both PC emulators and actual hardware, though the latter requires a new disc for each test.
The cartridge would allow for much faster, hassle-free hardware tests and results (plus it would be cheaper).
My only problem is that I'm not sure that I have the proper PC hardware that can connect to and communicate with the Xplorer device.
What are the PC and OS requirements for the Xplorer?
- by Squaresoft74 at 1:01 PM EDT on March 16, 2016
- Right now i'm using an old IBM T43 laptop that has a real parallel port with those settings: Mode Bi-Directionnal, I/O 378, IRQ 7.
As for the OS i tried Windows Xp, 7 and 10, all x86 versions.
I could get everything working to dump/flash my cartridges using X-Flash/X-Killer.
As for sending code i didn't try yet, but these links should help:
edited 1:03 PM EDT March 16, 2016
- by Squaresoft74 at 11:21 AM EST on February 27, 2017
- Bumping this thread again because i noticed some playback issue with Mednafen / BizHawk if reverb is enabled at all.
Will only play if Reverb Mode is left to 0.
May i ask if that could be an issue with these emulators' cores or something wrong with the driver itself ?
What kind of result do you get on the real hardware if you can check ?
No such problem with old rips using Davironica's generic driver 1.0.4.
- by Squaresoft74 at 11:11 PM EDT on May 1, 2018
- Bumping again since i could check on real hardware this time and the same issue is happening as with the emulators mentionned above.
If Mark, you ever read this, i sent you a mail about it a few days ago, not sure if you're still using the address i sent to.
Hopefully this can get fixed. :)
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0031s;