Previous Page | Next Page
- by Mr.Sanic at 5:11 PM EDT on March 28, 2018
- so, what about the Version 6 of the SMG soundfont?
- by ArcticJaguar725 at 8:45 PM EDT on March 28, 2018
- @Mr.Sanic keep in mind a vast majority of the music from both SMG games is streamed, as the bgm was recorded by a live orchestra. While almost every stream has a MIDI to go along with it, most of them are entirely useless and don't serve much of a purpose whatsoever (and I think the reason they exist is probably to do with in-game sound effects like launch stars and coins). Essentially, the only MIDIs worth your time include power-up themes, game jingles, and maybe like two other sequenced bgm tracks. The main music people generally care about would have to be unofficially recreated, and people like us have no advantage over anybody else in terms of note accuracy.
- by Mr.Sanic at 11:51 AM EDT on March 29, 2018
- @ArcticJaguar725 yes, i know that.
but we could at least try to remake them, it would be awesome to recreate the entire soundtrack, but it would require a lot of people to work with.
if we agree to remake the soundtrack, we could create a discord server just for that.
- by forumguy at 10:58 AM EDT on March 31, 2018
- Keep in mind that I have the ACTUAL real MIDIs used for the sequenced tracks. The purpose of this project is to recreate every seqeunced track with 100% accuracy. Also, Mr.Sanic, I need your Discord ID if you have one. I need to talk to you.
- by Mr.Sanic at 9:10 PM EDT on March 31, 2018
also enter in the VGM instruments discord
- Galaxy Orchestra 2 by forumguy at 12:32 PM EDT on April 4, 2018
- Galaxy Orchestra 2 is finally here! I've figured out how to get every instrument with accurate ASDR and loop points! Also, the file size is much smaller too!
- by mariofan12ify at 12:48 PM EDT on April 4, 2018
- @forumguy - I think it's smaller because it only has "Mario" as an instrument.
EDIT: Oh shit nvm, you got me.
edited 12:48 PM EDT April 4, 2018
- by Mr.Sanic at 1:03 PM EDT on April 4, 2018
you've got us ;-;
edited 1:05 PM EDT April 4, 2018
- by mariofan12ify at 1:12 PM EDT on May 6, 2019
- Sorry to revive another old thread, but is there a chance of getting a newer version of this soundfont at some point?
- by mariofan12ify at 12:40 PM EDT on May 27, 2019
- Thought I'd ask again, but has there been any progress lately? I'd like to make a good gamerip of the SMG2 and I need a good soundfont.
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software