Previous Page | Next Page
- by hcs at 2:03 AM EDT on August 22, 2005
- OK, since that's all that's been mentioned I'll get the 124 MB OGC4 uploading. I've searched fairly thoroughly to ensure that it isn't available anywhere via HTTP.
By the way, OGC1 is available for direct download here. I can't speak to the quality of this, though.
edited 6:12 AM EDT August 22, 2005
Crap, it took four and a half hours for track 11 and it crapped out on the last half megabyte. FTP servers that don't support resuming suck.
edited 11:00 AM EDT August 22, 2005
OK, that one track is now up, finally. The others are also on their way. I also made an sfv, if someone could let me know when they have the files and have checked it that'd ease my mind (as I'm not going to redownload them myself).
edited 5:01 PM EDT August 22, 2005
- by Prokopis at 10:23 PM EDT on August 22, 2005
- So I was taking my regular walk down at SDA.com the other day when I noticed a few new record time entries up for F-Zero X 64DD, the jap expansion set for the game. I never got to check out what tracks or music this thing had packed in it before, and when I did, I decided they are in fact pretty cool for anyone to include in their F-Zero VGM collection. Hence, I thought I'd come here and plant it down as my #4 choice for a USF rip.
I do remember reading, however, how this was a rare release exclusive to the jap crowd and I don't believe I ever came across it while going through some of the (both then and now) more... "respectable" rom repositories either. All that suggests, it's possible that there's no such thing as a proper 64DD dump for mr. Gashlin, or anyone else for that matter, to tinker with in the first place, which of course would make the whole USF request idea kinda moot. Then I figured, since you offer to share a piece of your VGM pie, you have it in your collection and I can't seem to get anywhere with the RPGamers.net servers lately either, I might as well ask for it here too.
Point of all this is, if anyone can confirm there's no hope for a 64DD USF rip, I'd help to know so I could remove the request from up there, looking silly n' all. Also, in the same case, I'd like to ask, if there's anymore space, to squeeze it in along with the OGC so those of us who haven't done so yet might get a shot at it, even in mp3 format (from what I can tell, it doesn't seem to have more than 4-5 new scores in total, so it probly won't be too huge to fit in whatever space the OGC would leave).
K, that is all. Thanks in advance.
- by hcs at 11:10 PM EDT on August 22, 2005
- An F-Zero X expansion pack rip, while theoretically possible, will not happen until I can get my hands on some 64DD images. I know one person who might have them and I haven't gotten to asking him yet...
I've got 13 tracks I've collected from a few different sources, all recorded from the game, totalling 30 MB:
BIG BLUE 3 = JAPON (therefore twice)
MUTECITY (not sure why this is here, doesn't sound different from the non-DD one)
RAINBOW ROAD (twice)
if I only pick the higher quality (not necessarily the larger file) of the redundant tracks it's 17.6 MB. I'll put 'em on the queue ahead of the OGC4 track on their way up.
edited 3:12 AM EDT August 23, 2005
Hmm, on second thought while JAPON an BIG BLUE 3 are very similar they're not quite the same, so I'll upload them both.
edited 3:16 AM EDT August 23, 2005
F-Zero X tracks now up.
edited 10:17 AM EDT August 23, 2005
- by hcs at 12:14 PM EDT on August 24, 2005
- OGC4 is now up. And it only took two days.
Again I request that someone check the sfv and report back.
edited 4:15 PM EDT August 24, 2005
- by hcs at 11:30 PM EDT on August 24, 2005
- How I've been spending my time.
First I had to fix the news updating scripts which have been broken for months. Then I synced everything with all released sets I was able to find on the major mirrors.
- by Will at 4:57 AM EDT on August 25, 2005
- Oh yeah, so you are an updater at Zophar's... any idea what happened to the NSF archive?
- by hcs at 6:25 AM EDT on August 25, 2005
- What happened was it's a PHP page and we switched over to a new server but no one cared enough to fix things, so it silently fails. I hadn't even looked at the other formats, I'll get 'em all up now.
Weird, I still don't know what was wrong with the NSF page but I've developed a workaround. It seems like the server is refusing to show the page, possibly because it's too large? What I did was make a dummy PHP script that reads it out from a .txt file, which works. Now on to GBS, GYM, VGM and SPC.
It looks like someone overwrote the GBS index with the NSF one, so I'm going to have to manually reconstruct it...
OK, apparently it's not the size with the NSF page, because the SPC page is much bigger and has no problem. Drat, what's going on?
edited 11:49 AM EDT August 25, 2005
- by Mouser X at 10:37 AM EDT on August 25, 2005
- Wow! Thanks for the updates at Zophar! That place has been quite neglected as of late (well, for months now...) I had no idea some of those archives hadn't been updated in such a long time... I'll have to look through them to see what I do, and don't, have. Thanks again!
On a different note, I looked through your OST collection, and I've finally narrowed it down from about 300 to about 18. Here's my list, cut and pasted from a TXT file.
Tales of Eternia Original Soundtrack (MJCG-80064)
PHANTASY STAR ONLINE Blue Burst EPISODE IV SOUND TRACK
Phantasy Star Online OST
Nights - Another Dream
Nights - Christmas NiGHTS (Saturn Redbook)
NiGHTS into Dreams - Original Soundtrack [APS LAME]
Genso Suikoden Original Soundtrack
Genso Suikoden 2 Original Soundtrack
Genso Suikoden 3 Original Soundtrack
Genso Suikoden 4 Original Soundtrack
Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2 - Premium Arrange
Zelda, Legend of - Link's Awakening Re-Arranged
Chrono Cross Demo Rip
Skies of Arcadia Gamerips by Lian_Kazairl
Tales of Destiny OST
Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2 - Songs of RAGOL Odyssey
Dragon Force Game Rip-192bit
The ones I want THE MOST are the "Tales of," series, "Genso Suikoden," series, and "Phantasy Star," series. However, I'd really like the Link's Awakening stuff, and the CC Demo Rip.
I have Skies of Arcadia there because I figure the Gamerip will have more tracks than the OST (since the OST combines overworld songs into 1, most of the time).
Okay, that's just for future refferance. Thanks in advance!
[EDIT] I found this interesting. In the PSF section at zophar.net there's a PSF set that's larger than 60mb up for download. If I recall correctly, Zophar was only allowed to host files that were 60mb or less... If you search the Zophar news archives, or PSF_Rippers, you'll probably find the referance for that information. I beleive it was n4rvick that posted the info.
In all honesty, I don't really care if it's up at zophar or not. The reason I bring this up though, is that if someone else finds out, I don't want zophar.net, or HCS to get into trouble for it being up. Whether that would happen or not, I don't know, but I just thought it should be brought up, just in case it was important. I leave now. Mouser X over and out.
edited 4:13 PM EDT August 25, 2005
- by hcs at 12:53 PM EDT on August 25, 2005
- We're running off of Swampgas' server now (which is why the site was broken), not ZTNet's, so I don't think the size limit applies anymore. I'm asking about hosting the huge sets as well.
The Skies of Arcadia rip is just a 6 extended tracks:
Armada Battle (Extended Version).mp3
Cave Dungeon (Extended Version).mp3
Hatred (Extended Version).mp3
Horteka (Extended Version).mp3
Legend (Extended Version).mp3
The Dark Rift.mp3
totalling 53.8 MB.
The OSTs you mentioned can be found fairly easily online. Take a look through the sites on my VGM bookmarks list.
Additionally, I'm not putting anything up in place of OGC4 for a while, it took me too long to upload to replace.
- by Will at 8:05 PM EDT on August 25, 2005
- I see the nsf archive has returned... Woot! Thanks!
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.025s;