- 3DS sounddata.arc extractor by Xayrga at 9:39 PM EDT on June 20, 2018
- Hey there,
Just made a new tool to unpack the sounddata.arc in 3DS games!
you can get the source here
or if you want a precompiled version, check it here
Please note, i've only tested this with mario and luigi: dream team
Just extract your sounddata.arc and drop it on the executable :v. Or if you like commandline
It drops them as RedSpark (.rsd) in folders associated with their banks. You can play the .rsd files with vgstream.
- by Xayrga at 9:46 PM EDT on June 20, 2018
- https://github.com/TheFreezebug/sArcExtract oh contrats its also on github :V
- by Fawful at 5:00 PM EST on December 30, 2020
- I tried extracting the SoundData file from the DEMO version of Dream Team, and I do get .rsd files but none of them will open even with VGMstream :(
- by Blockteen at 12:18 AM EST on February 18, 2021
- I finally found the tool I was looking for, it does exist. A sounddata.arc extractor for Dream Team that works.
Using the tool on the .arc file from the full game (yes it works on the full game) extracts 5 folders, 0 - WAVE, 1 - SE, 2 - SEB, 3 - STRSE, and 4 - STRBGM. The .rsd files in folders 0-2 can't be read by VGMStream, but 3 and 4 are readable and can be converted.
edited 1:16 AM EST February 18, 2021
- by JacintaB19 at 2:50 AM EST on February 18, 2021
- Will this work on some games like Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition, WarioWare Gold and Rhythm Heaven Megamix?
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software