- odyssey bfstm not looping want help by porocopi16 at 2:10 AM EDT on August 17, 2019
- hello i'm new
i dumped odyssey after having downloaded a copy off joshw but this one song doesn't loop properly in either version so i wanted to know if there was some kinda fix for this because listening to it ingame it does loop properly
its name is StmRsBgmBossHaikai_B.bfstm (the octopus fight)
i'm not sure what to do, hence why i made an account. looping audio converter mentioned something like the 'index was outside the bounds of the array' too when splitting this song's channels up
i'm using foobar2000 and the latest vgmstream otherwise, i really want to be able to listen to it like ingame only for however long i want, most other odyssey bfstms function this way it's just this one that seems to abruptly end and it bothers me.
- by ArcticJaguar725 at 4:32 AM EDT on August 17, 2019
- Interesting, it appears this file must not loop in a conventional manner for some reason. The bfstm's loop value is set to false, and the loop start sample is also set to zero. I'm guessing the loop is handled by the game code or stored in one of the game's sound archives rather than in the file itself. Unfortunately, the simplest solution in this case would be to just try looping it yourself using a program such as VGAudio or BrawlBox.
edited 4:50 AM EDT August 17, 2019
- by bnnm at 4:50 AM EDT on August 17, 2019
- In these cases vgmstream can use .txtp to set custom loop points (and separate channels too).
Unzip this file in the same folder as the bfstm and play the .txtp files directly, you'll get approximate loops that sounded good enough to me:
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0025s;