- Hoot Update by OK3 at 11:19 AM EST on November 25, 2019
Hoot got an update the other day, so I was wondering if the Eng. language hosted on JoshW will be updated?
Also, does anybody have the Cheap hack still? I can't seem to find it alive anywhere online. Or is that now outdated completely? I'm trying to rip some PC-98 osts but having them play endlessly is making it super laborious.
- by Himmz at 1:53 PM EST on November 26, 2019
- Hey I've been on the same mission as you finally got around to getting Hoot working but I can't seem to locate a working link to Cheap hack around anywhere.
- by OK3 at 1:41 PM EST on November 28, 2019
- Hmm,. hopefully someone somewhere will have it. I think it was once shared on the JoshW Hoot directory and on this forum, maybe there was a reason it's no longer around.
edited 1:41 PM EST November 28, 2019
- by sunk at 12:59 PM EST on November 29, 2019
- You can find it here: https://hcs64.com/lostfiles.html
- by OK3 at 5:26 PM EST on November 29, 2019
- you rule sunk. tyvm
- by OK3 at 6:23 PM EST on November 29, 2019
- well, I got it working but I hoped it would be smart enough to just turn off the looping, rather than just stopping the track playing at a preset time. ):
the text file created in the process didn't give me any track times either just 00:00 before every track. Is that how it's supposed to be?
Also, it seems to crash Hoot (2019 version) after each track has ended, which is a shame. But it's semi usable still.
I'll c&p Knurek's instructions for running Cheap in case anyone else is interested in running it.
Hack for Hoot to not play songs neverendingly:
1) Get Cheap and put it into the hoot directory. https://hcs64.com/lostfiles.html
2) Run hoot, then when it's loaded open up a cmd.exe prompt, change to the directory with hootclient.exe, and run 'hootclient.exe list 1.txt'.
This will create a textfile which will store all the song data. You can freely edit this (would be a good idea to divide it gamewise). The first column corresponds to the playtime.
3) Now run cheap.exe (hoot still running), fileselector will pop-up. Choose the playlist.
4) You can change the default songtime in cheap.ini.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.0032s;