- Doom Eternal Switch Version PCK/SND by marcoxD95 at 11:32 AM EDT on May 10, 2022
- Was wondering if anybody happens to know, how to extract the Doom Eternal SND music from the Switch version.
I know most say wwise unpacker works but this doesn't seem to be the case with the Switch version since it seems to use a different codec than OGG.
Sadly I have no idea how to extract this and I also couldn't find any Switch music ripper tools.
- by EHT_shiniori at 11:38 AM EDT on May 10, 2022
- i used to write a quickBMS script for the format back when DOOM ETERNAL was released. i got the game files (Windows 10 version only though) from... darker places, to say the least.
alas, i deleted all of it. including the script itself because i just didn't care about the game to begin with. and given that id Software went out of their way to ensure that anything except their single-player stuff is complete and utter irredeemable garbage, not to mention all that spyware stuff, i don't think i can provide you anything useful at this time.
whoever uses id Tech 7 deserves all the criticism they can get, and so is anyone working at Bethesda who were involved with Fallout 76, Wolfenstein Youngblood, Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo. all four which deserved every negative word they've got. it's illegal spyware programmed by shitty people and you're part of the problem if you even so much as touch any of their stuff.
edited 11:48 AM EDT May 10, 2022
- by marcoxD95 at 11:53 AM EDT on May 10, 2022
- Yeah, these scripts do not work on the Nintendo Switch version and are only meant for the PC version with OGG/WEM codec.
- by EHT_shiniori at 11:57 AM EDT on May 10, 2022
- so you found it! congratulations!
if i had the Switch game files i would fix your issue in an instant. but i don't! and i can't locate the script either!
so no, i can't be useful! i'm sorry! i just hate their stuff now!
edited 11:57 AM EDT May 10, 2022
- by marcoxD95 at 12:50 PM EDT on May 10, 2022
- Hm. Well I could upload the Switch music files for you. Would be 2,3GB though.
Wanted to do this anyway since I bet nobody will be able to help without sample files.
Here it is:
- by EHT_shiniori at 1:47 PM EDT on May 10, 2022
- seems like i fucking lost. i had to check your files. here's my findings.
music.snd is encrypted, to hell and back. if i wasn't a pretentious, talentless hack that relies on shitting on everybody to feel good about myself i would be nice enough to ask you to post the Switch exe of the game and figure out for myself how the game reads that file so i could tackle it with ease. can't be a pro if you don't know how to pro. the rest of the snd files doesn't seem to have this issue.
mus.pck can be extracted with this script.
soundmetadata.bin is too complex for me to handle. is this some sort of compiled XML file? this is way out of my depth and i'm much better at talking shit in front of everybody than investing my time in pretending to figure out how the game reads that file.
sadly, this is all i can do. i'm literally useless beyond this point.
- by marcoxD95 at 2:33 PM EDT on May 10, 2022
- Hm. Well about that exe I cannot really help. The Switch obviously uses no exes and I do not know the equivalent for it. There is nothing in the extracted files that looks like a file that makes the game run. There is a rcbootstrap.bin file but that is only 1kb. And uploading 35GB is a bit overkill I think.
I think the main problem is, that we do not know what is inside that snd file. On PC its OGG so my guess is, here it is another codec.
I already tried to scan it with Hyperriper and Revioli Game Tools but they didn't find anything in it.
I do not know what codec it could be. Does the Switch use a specific one?
- by EHT_shiniori at 3:04 PM EDT on May 10, 2022
- based on my VERY brief look the Switch version of the game doesn't seem to be using anything in specific. i have only spotted Wwise Vorbis, complete with RIFF header with some sort of 0xFFFF byte in it.
i don't know what the hell is wrong with music.snd that makes me baffled at how i can possibly handle it though. no matter. took a brief look at the files and deleted it on the spot. can't deal with all that disgusting shit for long.
oh, and one more thing. in case you're (somehow) a legit owner of the Windows 10 version of the game, if you can check how music.snd looks at all then please let me know. gut instinct says it's probably encrypted as well. last time i dealt with that file i had a clear direction in how it looked like, so figuring out how it worked was very easy to get the necessary sounds. maybe something changed with id's general recklessness as time went on and the game received more patches, meaning music.snd must have received some sort of "protection" at some point in what little there is of the game's post-release "life".
edited 3:07 PM EDT May 10, 2022
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software