- 404 Game RE:SET (Prologue Demo & Full Game) - Music (and SFX) ripping help! by J2023 at 3:11 PM EDT on April 17, 2023
- I've looked into 404 Game RE:SET in hopes of extracting the music and sounds from the Prologue demo (the full game releases on April 25th) and the only things that I found in the demo's base APK were a few sound effects and the Title Screen's bgm, but when I play them in foobar2000, their issue is that the audio is somehow corroupted and all I can hear are a few short beeps.
I was also thinking about extracting all of the other tracks in the game, as when I checked the base APK's data from the demo, they are not in the "ResourcesSound" folder. Their data seems to be encrypted (as you need to download the missing data from the game's APK on your phone), and the game uses the Unity engine.
After getting the demo's cache I've checked into it and found two folders, but I'm unsure if the extra music and sounds are inside in one of them. In "cache", I found a file called "BGMBase.d", but does it contain the extra music? I need your help please.
edited 11:11 PM EDT April 17, 2023
- by almendaz at 11:23 PM EDT on April 18, 2023
- We don't know if "BGMBase.d" contains the extra music, unless we examine it. Also, if possible, the unpacked music files might be stored in Game data after downloading from server, after playing the scene/area with that music. We should try.
- by J2023 at 1:33 AM EDT on April 19, 2023
- Here's the link to the ProloguE demo's APK and here's the link to the cache files that I got from my phone for your examining.
edited 1:40 AM EDT April 19, 2023
- by J2023 at 3:04 AM EDT on April 26, 2023
- The full game is out, so here is its APK link, and here is the link to it's cache files that I got from my phone for you to examine.
edited 2:05 AM EDT April 27, 2023
- by almendaz at 12:27 AM EDT on April 29, 2023
The files either aren't complete (resource files are not same files as cache), or there is encryption involved.
I'll try to play it in an emulator in order to explore the files myself.
edited 12:27 AM EDT April 29, 2023
- by almendaz at 12:46 AM EDT on April 30, 2023
- Sorry I could not play it in emulator.
Nice that the sets have been recently uploaded @joshw
Thank you to the uploader.
- by J2023 at 7:08 AM EDT on June 13, 2023
- Here's the apk link for the latest updated version of the game if anyone wants to have a try at finding and ripping the update's new music sets from it.
edited 7:10 AM EDT June 13, 2023
- by Bisylizzie at 5:36 AM EDT on June 29, 2023
- I'll second the request for an updated rip, especially with the new music from today's update, have previously looked into it myself but had no luck
- by J2023 at 9:11 AM EDT on July 4, 2023
- For those who are wanting to have another way of trying to get the music from the Ver. 1.1.1 update... here's the APK's link.
- by J2023 at 1:45 AM EDT on August 1, 2023
- Here's the link to the latest update's APK, which may have some more new music from it for those who are just wanting to update the rip on the site.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software