- Winamp 5.5 Support by gatekeeper6838 at 5:43 PM EDT on September 22, 2007
- Anyone gotten 64th Note to work in Winamp 5.5? I realize that this is a beta version of Winamp, but it's pretty sweet! Any plans to support this version?
Edit: I probably should have provided a little more info; If you try to play a miniusf file it will cause Winamp to crash. It also may not help that I'm running Windows Vista, however 64th Note seemed to work in Vista when I was running Winamp 5.35.
edited 5:48 PM EDT September 22, 2007
- by DrO at 6:47 PM EDT on September 22, 2007
- disable the spectrum analyser for the time being which should resolve the usability issue. it's still unclear if it's a winamp or a 64th Note issue (since things have been altered with winamp's handling of the spectrum analyser in the 5.36/5.5 betas) - just with everything else, there's not been the time with the winamp dev team to check out the issue so far (though it has been noted if only on my todo list).
edited 6:48 PM EDT September 22, 2007
- by gatekeeper6838 at 4:37 PM EDT on September 23, 2007
- Thanks for the tip! I got it to work using the Winamp Classic skin w/ analyzer turned off, but it still won't work in the modern skins. For now, when I listen to usf files I'll just switch over to classic. Keep us posted.
- by Tanookirby at 1:51 PM EDT on October 12, 2007
- The official 5.5 version is out, and I can't get it to work at all.
- by DrO at 10:02 AM EDT on October 13, 2007
- have you tried the suggestion i made? alas we [winamp dev team] ran out of time with everything else that needed to be done (one of the failings of a forced release date time) to look into the issue (tho it seems like there's a few other plugins which are exhibiting the issue now)
- by Tanookirby at 3:15 PM EDT on October 13, 2007
- Yes, I did. Still crashing.
- by unknownfile at 3:36 PM EDT on October 13, 2007
- Considering everything I've read about 5.5 so far, you have FAILED as a dev team.
- by DrO at 4:11 PM EDT on October 13, 2007
- Tanookirby: i've just re-tried it with a clean 5.5 install and it'll only play in the following cases...
Classic style skin + built in vis off
Classic style skin + built in oscilloscope vis
Any modern skin will cause a crash or classic skin + built in spectrum visualiser
- by DrO at 7:28 PM EDT on October 13, 2007
- i think i've found the issue and got a fix for winamp.exe causing the crash but will need to have it checked over and verified (i'm a total noob when it comes to asm)
- by blm07 at 2:35 PM EDT on October 15, 2007
- If I disable the spectrum analyzer in 5.5, 64th note works fine.
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software
Generated in 0.003s;