Previous Page | Next Page
- by ChillyBilly at 8:00 PM EST on December 17, 2017
- Come to think of it, there was something I've been meaning to post about for a while, but it kept slipping my mind. So I figure now's a good time as any to bring it up:
So as seen here, I tried to rip a few 3DS WayForward games a year back. However, long story short, I've only managed to GENH two of the rips since then (Adventure Time and MSF1)... the rest still give me trouble. So I'm wondering if maybe TXTH is the way to go here? Might give better results than my GENH attempts, even. Heck, I don't even need to post sample files since the MEGA link on that page is still active! Thanks in advance for any assistance regarding the matter!
- by Ultrafighter at 12:32 PM EST on December 18, 2017
- Hi Bnnm, may I suggest another EA bank \ bigfile which I'd like to see implemented to VGMstream? It's from Freekstyle for PS2 where all sounds are apparently packed into ALL.AV archive. Its contents are like 35-40% voiceovers & 65-60% BGM.
Complete filesize is 326 MB so I made some cuts and upped them here. ALL.AV_1 & ALL.AV_4 are beginning and ending of ALL.AV & ALL.AV_2 along with ALL.AV_3 come from the middle of initial bigfile. Actually ALL.AV_3 starts exactly where ALL.AV_2 ends so I could have spliced them in one file. However I didn't do that because I presume that ALL.AV_2 is end of VO section in ALL.AV while ALL.AV_3 is start of BGM part. That's why I separated them, some kind of descriptive representation I guess.
BTW some different codecs might even be used for encoding VO files and BGMs as I saw numerous "AIFFauFM" strings in ALL.AV_1 & ALL.AV_2.
Finally here are some thoughts about possible structure & specs of the bank in question:
1) VGM chunk of ALL.AV is segmented and each segment has identifier or header "MGAV"; on the other hand VOs have "BGAV" headers;
2) both voice clips & music should be played back at 24,000 Hz, stereo, interleave is like 0x400+200 (or 0x400-200).
All in all I'd really appreciate it if you looked into this game, I simply can't be the only one interested in ripping Freekstyle soundtrack! There's an OST of a sort for this title but it features only tracks by one composer, quite a few ingame compositions aren't in that release.
And of course I wish you the best of luck with this game! If you'd like to have full ALL.AV at hand or maybe samples from Gamecube version just tell me and I'll supply those.
Edit: I'd also be very glad to get any help with making this playable. The files in question are from 3 on 3 NHL Arcade for PSN. I haven't re-checked it yet but IIRC XBLA ver. uses exactly the same BGM & VP6 files.
I'm sorry if I'm asking for too much at the same time but I hope the latter pair of files is way easier to figure out than those Freekstyle pests. In any case I'm more than willing to supply you with more required samples if needed.
edited 8:15 AM EST December 19, 2017
- by bnnm at 1:26 PM EST on December 20, 2017
- @ChillyBilly - I don't think a single TXTH is suitable for those so they'd need to be added directly or GENH/TXTH per file.
@Ultrafighter - there is support for MGAV but I guess this is a slightly different version, I'll check later.
Those .sbs look corrupt, they have standard data, strings and stuff. Try to rerip (if extracted from .PKG note some tools are faulty) or maybe the XBLA version.
- by bxaimc at 4:06 PM EST on December 20, 2017
- Note, some PKG tools are a bit unstable so use more than one to cross check for consistency. Some tend to be thrown off by a rogue byte or something which in turn throws off the whole decryption or extraction or both.
- by Ultrafighter at 6:20 AM EST on December 21, 2017
- Alright, here's XBLA counterpart but it's a bit different: apparently there's no small *.sbr file & big *.sbs archive.
You see devs used only one huge SBR file so it's not quite like in PSN port. It looks like X360 ver. differs much so I'm sorry for any possible confusion. I attempted to rip this title a few years ago all by myself but didn't go very far with it, that's why I don't remember my past accomplishments so well.
I wasn't wrong about videos though as they're actually identical on both platforms.
edited 6:23 AM EST December 21, 2017
- by snake785 at 8:39 AM EST on December 21, 2017
I wanted to report a bug/missing feature with VGMStream when trying to play one of the EA XA formats that's used in the Need for Speed 2 PSX soundtrack (downloaded from joshw's PSX archive).
This game uses an interactive soundtrack that plays certain 4-8 second block of audio depending on the situation.
Whenever I try and play these files in foobar2000 (v. r1050-873-ga4cf9af), it'll only play the first 4-8 seconds and then stop. I'm guessing the plugin only detects the first block and not the others.
I've uploaded a sample file in case that will help.
If this isn't the right place to report this, let me know where I can report this because this is one amazing plugin and would only want to see it get better.
Thanks a lot for your hard work!
- by AnonRunzes at 2:05 PM EST on December 21, 2017
- So, is there any way on supporting some funky audio format that is used on Grand Theft Auto San Andreas?
To get this out of the way, most of the audio stuff is in the "audio" folder of the game, and has about three folders. One of them is "config", and most of its files contained in that folder are somehow related to those "archive files" that are actually stored in two folders(SFX and STREAMS, respectively). Kind of like a playlist really.
- by Ultrafighter at 6:31 AM EST on December 22, 2017
- Hi AnonRunzes! I think this tool might come in handy if you want to unpack those sound banks.
- by AnonRunzes at 9:36 AM EST on December 22, 2017
- Never knew there was another tool like that. Thanks.
To be honest though I already have the whole SFX/STREAMS stuff extracted through two scripts I had to write that could link an "audio/config" file into the SFX/STREAMS archives depending on which script you were using said file into.
The funny thing is back when I wrote these scripts it was so I could prepare myself for when someday these formats could be supported into vgmstream, but looking back now I can't believe I wasted all that time and diskspace just because I wanted to have individual files out of these archives.
Well, at least I got the individual OGG files through the PC and Xbox versions through way of using my deinterleave.bms script a while back(you can strip out the header in that script if you se the LAYERS variable to 1, although you need to set either the INTERLEAVE or BLOCKSIZE number to anything you can imagine). But I never really wanted to listen to them one-by-one, especially with all those segmented "radio station" files anyway.
edited 9:37 AM EST December 22, 2017
- by Ultrafighter at 2:35 PM EST on December 22, 2017
- @AnonRunzes: actually there's a set for GTA:SA (PC version) by Knurek (already added to collection) but it'd still be great to have any other platforms of course.
BTW he told me BGM wasn't so segmented in his rip, there were 2-3 intros & outros for each licensed song but that's about it. Maybe he used another tool I know of, the one which doesn't just decrypt and unpack contents of bigfiles (like the one I linked to) but also automatically stitches all segments together so that one gets tracks lasting a few minutes as he expected, not mere seconds.
Anyway while I'm unsure if I'd call that spliced variant a streamed rip or not I would definitely prefer it to segmented one. Too many nice scores I had to miss recently as I didn't want to wade through hundreds or thousands of sound chunks: Prince of Persia - The sands of time, Warrior within & The two thrones, then Splatterhouse (2010) + DmC... But enough of off-topic here.
@Bnnm: may I also post movie samples from Freekstyle (both GC & PS2)? Demultiplexing vids is also quite a task when it comes to this title, I can't even say what codec's utilized there.
Have a nice day everyone and goodbye!
edited 2:39 PM EST December 22, 2017
Previous Page | Next Page
HCS Forum Index
Go to Page 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257
Search this thread
Show all threads
Reply to this thread:
Halley's Comet Software